The following information has been collected from other info sources.
Please use at your own discretion, CFARS hold no responsibility
COMPORT & DRIVER
Info Source - Collected from several sources
COMPORT & DRIVERS
Click on the link below to get software to find your comports.
LINK - Finding a Com Port
It found a Modem on Com 4
How to verify what Com Port you have on your computer.
Windows XP - Start/Control Panel/System/Hardware/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT)
Windows 7 - Start/Control Panel/Device Manager/Ports (COM & LPT)
PROGRAMMING CABLE - USB PROLIFIC DRIVER FOR WINDOWS
Microsoft XP, Vista, 7 & 8
Prolific 184.108.40.206 is the recommended driver
Installing a new Windows Driver 220.127.116.11
Note, Win 7:
Windows 7 may try to update this driver in the future. If this occurs, turn off automatic updates.
1) Insert your USB Programming Cable.
2)Launch Device Manager.
[ Start | Control Panel | Select Device Manager ]
Select: Ports (COM & LPT)
If there is a yellow warning triangle under 'Ports' or 'Other Devices', you have an incompatible driver and need to continue.
If there is no yellow warning triangle, you have the correct driver
Installing the Proper New Prolific PL-2303 Drivers 18.104.22.168
System Requires 32 / 64 bit Windows Vista / 7...
1) Create a new work Folder on your PC.
2) Download the Prolific 22.214.171.124 driver.
3) Remove the USB programming cable from your PC.
4) Double-click the file that was saved into the work folder and follow the prompts until it is completely installed.
5) Plug the USB programming cable into the USB port of your PC.
You should see a balloon popup that says "Installing device driver software"
A few seconds later you will get a balloon popup that says
"Device driver software was not successfully installed"
6) Launch Device Manager.
[ Start | Computer | Control Panel | Device Manager ]
You will see one of the following errors in Device Manager.
In 'Other Devices' the 'USB-Serial Controller' is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
In 'Ports (COM & LPT)' the 'Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port (COMx)' is proceeded by a YELLOW warning.
7) Right-click on the entry with the error to open a window and select
"Update driver software..."
8) At the first Update Driver Software prompt, select
"Browse my computer for driver software".
9) At the second Update Driver Software prompt, select
"Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
10) At the third Update Driver Software prompt, scroll down and select
"Ports (COM & LPT)".
11) At the fourth Update Driver Software prompt, select
"Prolific USB-to-Serial Comm Port Version: 126.96.36.199 [7/31/2007]".
You should get a prompt saying that the driver was installed successfully.
You should now see a properly installed Prolific driver in Device Manger.
You can check that the correct version by double-clicking on Prolific in device manager and selecting the Driver tab.
The driver version shown should be v188.8.131.52
SCS MODEM INFO
Info Source - SCS (Martin)
Software, Firmware and Manuals
Resetting the PTC-IIex using Airmail Dumb Terminal
(You need to know your Comport and Baud Rate (Eg. Com 1 57600 and set the dumb terminal)
Putting the modem into BIOS mode.
1. Turn on the modem and during the start when the light are changing before final boot up, turn the modem off.
2. Turn modem back on and presss the <ENTER> key. You should see the power-on message and the CMD: prompt.
3. Now type SYS <ENTER> and the prompt should change to SYS:
4. Then enter the commands, CLR <ENTER> then RAMCLR <ENTER>) then CHKF (ENTER) in that order it s should now show the firmware info in a few seconds later show "CRC OK" then step 5
(if this doesn't work then reload the firmware).
5. At the "CRC OK" enter RUN <ENTER> the firmware should start.